About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Friday 1 July 2011

Two Bites At The Cherries

I don't blame Bournemouth fans at being a bit upset at this one, but the reality is that money talks, and after a few years when we didn't have any, it is a rather strange feeling to see us shouting from the rooftops, and that left back Wiggins heard it down on the south coast, and decided to answer the call.

What concerns me about Bournemouth, is that having done so well last season, I suspect they may be about to become next seasons Swindon, and plummet without a trace back to the fourth division from whence they came. Their fans don't really deserve that, even if it is Charlton that appear to be a major beneficiary of the Cherries fire sale antics.

The most pleasing thing about this signing is that Powell is now addressing the weakest area of the team. It is tinged with sadness for me though, as I suspect it means that Youga will not be seen in action at the club again. Either that, or Jackson is about to be sold. I know, I know, I need to lay off the conspiracy theories and get out more! Evina and Harriott as competition for both Wiggins and Jackson is an attractive proposition though. I have amended young Harriott's contract length, as apart from a comment from his agent about being close to a two year deal, there has been nothing from the club to confirm it happened, so I have reverted him back to first professional contract status for now..

Contract End - Dec 2011

Davisson

Contract End - June 2012

Alonso*
Benson
Doherty
Elliott
Francis
Jackson
Mambo
McCormack
Pritchard
Wagstaff
Wright-Phillips

Contract End - June 2013

Evina
Pope
Solly
Sullivan

Contract End - June 2014

Green
Hayes
Hollands
Stephens
Wiggins

First Professional Contract

Warren
Cousins
Gough
Harriott
Osbourne
Popo

Loan

None

(* = contract length unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment