About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Sunday 4 October 2009

Leeds 0 Charlton 0

CAFC Player is rubbish! I attempted to take advantage of the fourteen day free trial, and quite frankly won't be bothering again. I have a feeling we may well be hearing the old line that demand was so great, the service couldn't cope. Not a good enough reason really is it? So, instead, I tuned in to Radio London, and listened to what sounded like a game we could have won. The fact that we didn't, shouldn't detract from a great recovery after the horror show of Colchester earlier in the week, so hats off to Parkinson and the boys for a solid performance.

When I heard that Kandol was on the bench, I thought, typical, he is going to come on at some stage, and score against us. He didn't, and with the result at Bristol Rovers going our way, we now have a two point cushion, although Colchester also now have us in their sights, a point further back, but with a superior goal difference. With Leeds away at Bristol Rovers next week, there is every possibility that we could be back at the top after next weeks match,

With only six points taken out of the last fifteen, the team are not performing well enough to my mind, to be considered as automatic promotion candidates, but a play off place does look a real possibility, and I would have taken that as a very good season for us, before it began. After yesterday's result, I wonder if we are starting to see a pattern emerging, in that although we do not beat the clubs around us, we tend not to lose either, Colchester excepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment