About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Sunday 28 June 2009

Take A Deep Breath

This coming week will give a little more information than we have seen of late. For me, there are still some questions around outgoing players. I expect those players already released to be joined by others. Chris Dickson's contract also expires next week, and yet I have heard no mention of him, in terms of a new contract, or that he is to be released. Wagstaff is potentially another, although my information on his contract also ending next week may not be correct. Zheng Zhi will go. I have never really believed that a financial package could be put together to tempt him to stay, and I expect him to leave.

I believe we will also see at least one incoming player as well, namely Llera, the out of contract MK Dons centre back. An almost certain replacement for the probably Cardiff bound Hudson. Stavrinou has now been confirmed on a one year deal, and the table is updated accordingly. I am assuming that we will also be told that Clark has also signed his oft promised deal in the next day or seven. As for sales, well no surprise that Shelvey continues to make the news. If the speculated sale and loan back deal with Chelsea is real, then this almost certainly represents the best Charlton could achieve with the youngster.

For the latest contract status update, see the table at the following link. I do expect to be releasing this again shortly with some serious movement, albeit most of it in an outward direction.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg3rmnvf_0jk7xnffw&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment