About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Thursday 4 June 2009

Calm Down Dear

I am a little surprised that people are worried about the lack of activity on the player movement front. Those players that will be out of contract at the end of this month, are still our players, and the only reason we would see any movement now, is if the "buying" club is worried that another club might beat them to the punch so to speak. The other factor to consider is that now we are third division, we will probably have to sign players as late as possible, in order to keep the wage bill as light as possible, for as long as possible.

In terms of player movement, nobody has come in, which is entirely to be expected, but some encouraging noises nonetheless. Clarke, Llera, and Butterfield are all credible rumours, and given that the first two are central defenders, tells me that Hudson may well be on his way, with Cardiff City the rumoured destination. As of today, the club has not confirmed any outward movement, but the Ambrose, Arter, and Thomas stories all seem real enough. Below is my ongoing list of player contractual status, with my prediction as to whether they stay or go. I have added Thomas to the list, as his omission was a decision based on the fact that he did not even appear as a first team squad member on the match day programme. Even if he had been, I would have been confident that he would have been released.

Follow the link to see my updated prediction table

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dg3rmnvf_0jk7xnffw

No comments:

Post a Comment