About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Wednesday 16 July 2008

One Gone

Phew! I was getting worried that Marcus little volte face, would see us stuck with him, and his salary, for the foreseeable. I still have a sneaking suspicion that the Cardiff deal would have been better for the club, as simple commercial sense tells me that Birmingham would naturally take advantage of being the only game in town, when Cardiff quite rightly walked away. Yes, yes, it could be worth up to £1m, but I would be pleasantly surprised if Charlton ever see anything close to it.

Still, small matter, he has gone, hopefully releasing some financial breathing space, which Pardew can turn into the defender and midfielder he is after. That assumes of course, that the Board give him the full benefit of whatever funding has been released, and that it is not already committed to plugging a hole somewhere else in the clubs foundering finances, or indeed that he hasn't been told that there is no additional money to strengthen the squad - period. If so, then free transfers and loans, are all we are likely to see. Amady Faye anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment