About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Friday 9 July 2010

What's Left?

I would be interested to know from those in the vicinity of Sparrows Lane whether a certain Mr. K Youga has been seen training? Absent for the latter part of last season through injury, any mention of him suggested that all was not well with our erstwhile marauding left back. Coupled with that, the probable signing up of Basey to go alongside Jackson, and the probable playing of a left midfield triallist, ex of Sheffield Wednesday at our first pre-season friendly this Saturday, and I do wonder whether we have seen the last of Youga, I do hope not.

And speaking of things left, what of McLeod? I suspect that after the shenanigans he had with no fewer than three managers last season, our boy now has a reputation that is shall we say a little tarnished. If ever a player needed removing from the Charlton gene pool then I suspect he is it. Sadly, I fear we may not be able to get him away. Such a shame really, as he should be terrorising third division defences for us, and not listening to his i-Pod whilst counting the £8k a week he is widely believed to be "earning".

Contract End 2011

Llera
McLeod
Racon
Semedo
Sodje A
Solly
Stavrinou
Youga

Contract End 2012

Doherty
Elliott
Jackson (Unknown length of contract)
McCormack
Wagstaff

First Pro Contract

Davisson
Jenkinson
Mambo
Perkins
Tuna

1 comment:

  1. Any evidence that McLeod can count up to 8000, or 8, or indeed any where beyond one, as in his namesake(Connor), or indeed the maximum number of goals he's ever scored for us in any game, would be welcome.

    I guess someone counts it for him.

    ReplyDelete