About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Monday 4 January 2010

Half Term Update

With news that Omozusi has had his loan extended until 30th January, I thought it was about time I updated the player contract status table. Also pertinent, given that the transfer window is now open. I must confess that my thoughts are with hoped for imminent moves for Holt and Hoolahan from Norwich, and Beckford, Snodgrass, and Becchio from Leeds. Unlikely that they would all go, I know, but with both Norwich and Leeds showing relentless, and continued form in the league, unlike ourselves, any help is always welcome.

I know we have only lost twice in the league all season, but the stark reality is that we are drawing way too many games, and are still missing the key to unlock obdurate third division defences. Fingers crossed that it can be put right this month. In fairness, it can be argued that Leeds and Norwich must stumble at some stage, but I am not convinced that they will, in any meaningful manner. It also assumes that we are close enough, and have the wherewithal to take advantage of it

The rumour mill regarding our own players, other than McLeod is mercifully quiet, but there is little doubt that our hunt for a striker at the very least will need to see some activity this month. With Mooney injured, and back at Reading, and Sodje Jnr, not really looking to be the answer, my fingers are crossed that McLeod's alleged £8k a week can be removed from the wage bill, and in doing so, at least give Parkinson some head room to bring in one or two more players. Pericard as an option would be interesting, but I suspect Southampton could offer him more money. I also suspect they will make the play offs, and wouldn't a meeting between Parkinson and Pardew at Wembley be fun? Well not for me it wouldn't!

2010

Basey, Burton, Clark, Dailly, Dickson, McKenzie, Randolph, Sam, Sinclair, Sodje S, Solly, Spring, Stavrinou, Wagstaff

2011

Bailey, Fleetwood, Llera, McLeod, Moutaouakil, Racon, Richardson, Semedo, Youga

2012

Elliott, Shelvey

Academy

Davisson, Mambo, Perkins, Tuna

Loan

Omozusi 30/01/10, Sodje A 09/01/10

No comments:

Post a Comment