About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Saturday 8 August 2009

Once More Unto The Breach Dear Friends

Well, almost time once more, for the Saturday ritual to begin. It will be good to see old friends in the Rose of Denmark again, and I do get a buzz from seeing The Valley turf in pristine condition, ready for another season of toil. Eldest son will, as ever be in attendance, no glory boy tags attached to him, no sir. Was it really a year ago that we "humbled" the mighty Swans 2-0?

So, it is on with the Woolwich shirt again, take a deep breath, and hope that the Addicks don't squeeze my enjoyment out of the season too quickly. Good luck to the boys, and all of us. Enjoy the game today. Why do I get the feeling it will be a draw!

No comments:

Post a Comment