About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Wednesday 4 March 2009

That's All Folks

Three of the words uttered by the Northampton Town tannoy man, as a rain lashed Sixfields succumbed to the elements, some 45 minutes before Charlton effectively did the same with their Championship status. We will be seeing one of the two teams I saw on show last night, and that team will be Northampton Town. I have believed we would be relegated for some weeks now, and yes I know that teams do go on runs, but this is Charlton.

Many fans have talked about not renewing their season tickets next year, and certainly the casual walk up is not going to have any difficulty getting in, but I for one will be renewing both my season tickets. The club needs the fans once more for purely financial reasons, and even in these recessionary times, the club is going to need my money more than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment