About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Friday 27 February 2009

MHROTD

...........to Jonjo Shelvey, and thank you for doing the honourable thing by signing a two and a half year deal. Not that I am expecting him to see it out. Indeed, I believe he will go in the summer, and make that a definite if we are relegated. I would expect a clause in his contract to that effect, and who can blame him.

What he has done, however, is ensure that when he does go, Charlton stand a sporting chance of obtaining a decent transfer fee for him. I suspect Jonjo Shelvey will be sold to help us a) survive, and / or b) get us back into the Championship. Even if we do stay up, there is no guarantee that he will stay, as the lure of filthy Prem money will prove too much to resist for a club with no parachute payment to fall back on, and dwindling saleable assets on the playing side.

No comments:

Post a Comment