About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Wednesday 28 January 2009

A Splendid Affair

Despite my better judgement, I stayed rooted to the commentary for this game, where the reality was, that two below average sides, needed one lucky break, and guess what? For once, Charlton got the break, and did it without receiving a punishing reply. Watching the goal, and the players celebrations at the end, did the heart and soul a power of good, and it is a shame that the night was only marred by the fact that ultimately it made no difference to our parlous position at the base of the league due to other results.

Judging by the way the players and subs celebrated at the end, I would like to think that this could spur the team on in their bid to return to winning ways, and who knows, it might, but let's not kid ourselves here. If it does, it will be with the sort of blood and guts application we showed last night, rather than any great degree of skill. But bloody hell, we would all take that wouldn't we? For now, I shall enjoy a rare glimpse of sunshine, as will my kids, who for once will relish school today, living as we do, in the heartland of the spotty Nigels

No comments:

Post a Comment