About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Tuesday 18 November 2008

According To The Script

Newly returned from Rome, and the somewhat unsatisfactory status quo at Charlton is at least on a predictable course. The loss to Birmingham was easily predicted, although I am heartened by the fight that appears to have been shown by the team. I am not expecting too much against Sheffield United or QPR either, but then the real acid test of Southampton, Blackpool, and Coventry, will, for me, determine Pardew's fate.

So what else? The arrival of Martyn Waghorn is a "so what" for me, but at least he has more realistic pretensions to be a Prem striker than Dickson, Mcleod, or Fleetwood. The potential signing of Powell, and / or Harte will hopefully remain unrequited, but where is the genuinely exciting signing? Somebody, we believe could make a difference, if only for a short while. Where, the touch of unexpected genius, and class?

The dustmen of Rome have it, or at least they did on the morning I saw one of their number emptying the recycling bin outside my hotel. Genius? Difference? Well, it is not every day that I see a vision of loveliness, looking strikingly like Anita Eckberg in her heyday, in a high viz jacket, removing the cardboard. Now that is class!

No comments:

Post a Comment