About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Saturday 18 October 2008

Dubai, Dubai, Wipe The Tear Baby Dear From Your Eye

So the Sun claims to have an exclusive, that our prospective buyers are eyeing up Everton instead of South London's finest!

If it is true, I can't say I am surprised. Everton would always be a far more interesting proposition than either Wet Spam, Portsmouth, or dare I say it, Charlton. I still struggle to see why they would want to buy us, when there are plenty of Prem targets available. Having lost out on Liverpool, Everton would indeed be an appropriate target; a club that has threatened to knock on the door of the big four, without ever having the funds to take that next step.

I have been heavily involved in the takeover, or sale of four companies in recent times, and I don't mean to sound negative, but due diligence is a period fraught with danger. Three of the takeovers I have been involved with, involved my company buying another, and during the due diligence phase in all three deals, we were approached by other companies similar to our takeover target, offering themselves for sale. In one case, we almost did switch horses in mid stream, but decided against it after much serious thought. I only hope Zabeel do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment