About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Tuesday 23 September 2008

Kinsella & Parkinson

Another clean sheet - very gratifying, if a tad lucky, just as we had been against Doncaster a few days earlier. Ninth place is ok, but to put it into perspective, this time last season we were second, with the best home record in the division, and somewhat bizarrely our away record was better than this term to date as well. Much to do therefore, but is Alan Pardew about to have the harmony at Sparrows lane disrupted?

Having spent four years in Colchester, I regard them as my second team. Indeed, many a Friday night in the late seventies, and early eighties, saw me on the terraces of Layer Road, watching a team, soon to be doomed to life in the Conference, going through its unconvincing paces. Thirty years later, and Geraint Williams has left the club by mutual consent. Struggling in League One, the U's Chairman is upbeat about the quality of candidates coming forward. Much of this will be agents touting their wares, of course, but I wonder if the names of either, or both, of Parkinson and Kinsella are potentially in the frame? I would be extremely surprised if they were not.

For me, I would be more concerned if Kinsella went, as I see him as a Charlton manager in waiting, and am I the only one who is a little puzzled as to what Parkinson actually does? If all was sweetness and light between Pardew and the Board, I might be less concerned, but with our results to date, planted square at the balance point, I am still not convinced that he would survive if we were to lose say, the next three on the spin. Personal opinion, of course, but I would rather have Kinsella in the wing, ready to back shyly into the limelight, than Parkinson.

2 comments:

  1. Kinsella is not ready, if he is to be Charlton manager someday then I would like to see him get the Colchester job, learn that trade and come back a better manager. I am not suggesting Parkinson should be our next manbut he has got experience good - Colchester and bad Hull and would be a better choice for me than Kins or Chris Powell, in reality I would prefer a good solid manager with Championship experience if Pards were to go during this season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the betting on a Kinsella and Parkinson duo should Pards go?

    ReplyDelete