About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Sunday 31 August 2008

Mid Table Obscurity

For a few euphoric moments after the Reading game, I hoped for better this season, my feeling of well being, no doubt aided by Menorcan sunshine and Rioja. Just as well I can rely on the lads to put everything back into perspective eh?

Like others, I struggle to see how any sort of prolonged push is going to be achievable, without the addition of at least one more defender with some nous about him. Linvoy is both an ageing, and at best, short lived false dawn. Difficult to see how this situation can be changed, when we are both cash strapped and unglamorous, even to a loan signing of any proven quality.

Still, we are mid table, and that is pretty much where we should be, given the inconsistency of performance, coupled yet again with some baffling tactics from Alan Pardew. No doubt, some snippet will leak out about someone carrying, or picking up an injury from the match, but the choice of substitutions must still rate as poor. A break now until the arrival of Wolves, and we all know who is going to score during that game!!

No comments:

Post a Comment