About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Friday 25 July 2008

Season Tickets

According to the official website, Charlton had 17,784 season ticket holders last season, and apparently 84% of that number have renewed, or does that 84% include the 700 new applicants I wonder? Assuming the number does include the newbies, then we have sold 14,939 for the coming term. which is at the top end of where I expected the number to land,

I suspect that Charlton have actually lost almost exactly 20% of the season ticket base that we had last season as I previously predicted. This has been mitigated by the arrival of 700 new applicants to offset the damage, so with just a few days to go until the August 1st deadline, the board should by now be exhaling their collectively held breath. As good a result as could be expected seems to have been achieved, but let's not kid ourselves, the missing money will be a worry, and limits the club further.

And speaking of missing things - my two season tickets haven't arrived yet. Sort it out Waggsy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment