About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Monday 7 July 2008

Booze & Boogie

Most of my friends hate the meaningless transfer chitter chatter that goes on in the English meejah during the close season, but not me, I must confess that I quite enjoy it. Two more stories doing the rounds on Sky Sports at present, concern the ongoing "will he won't he" departure of Madjid Bougherra, and a new one on the blocks, is the possible signing of Hameur Bouazza from Fulham.

Predominantly a left winger, Bouazza transferred from Watford on a four year deal, for an initial £3m, but to use the footballing parlance, Roy Hodgson "doesn't fancy him". I quite like the sound of this one, as it may oil the wheels for the departure of Jerome Thomas, or possibly Darren Ambrose. For me, I would prefer it to be the former, as Charlton's equivalent of Marmite Man, Ambrose, I feel still has a part to play for us next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment