About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Squad & Board Movement

The activity thus far includes Jackson signing a one year extension, and Mambo and Bover both of whom have signed new one year deals. Of perhaps more interest is the arrival of Wilson and Cook. In some senses the lack of wow factor about these two signings shows how much less attractive Charlton are as a second division side than a third division one.

There has been much talk of ones that got away, but the reality is that there is not a deep pot of money for Powell to dip into in order to tempt some of the targets he has identified. Why not? Well, I am fairly sure that there is no smoke without fire, and that there is indeed an issue at board level. What will help me make up my mind one way or the other, is what happens to Solly with the arrival of Wilson.

In an earlier posting, I set out my reasons for Powell getting in somebody that is at least as good if not better than our current player of the year. Wilson fits into that category. If, however, Solly is now sold, then that will go a long way to convincing me that the main funder is about to, or indeed has left the building, and that we are potless once more. Delighted as ever to be proved wrong.

Contract End - June 2013

Bover Izquierdo
Clarke
Cort
Evina
Harriott
Haynes
Hughes
Kermorgant
Mambo
Osborne
Sullivan
Taylor
Wagstaff
Wright-Phillips

Contract End - June 2014

Cook
Green
Hamer
Hayes
Hollands
Jackson
Morrison
Pope
Pritchard
Stephens
Smith
Solly
Wiggins

Contract End - June 2015

Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment