About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Friday 25 March 2011

First Movement

Well, we didn't have long to wait for the first move did we? I am not overly concerned with Jenkinson going. A footballers career is a short thing, and given the need for the Premiership to have an increased number of "homegrown", it is inevitable that they will now go looking for someone who may make it from the lower leagues. I doubt whether Jenkinson will make it in any meaningful manner at either Arsenal or Manchester United, if indeed it is one of those two he ends up at, but I don't believe anybody should blame him for trying.

I am extremely pleased to see Solly sign up for a further two years. The better of the two right backs for me has been persuaded to stay, and hopefully it will also consign Francis to the bench. Updated squad list below. I am still none the wiser as to the contract length of Jackson, Reid, or Worner.

Contract End 2011

Anyinsah
Dailly
Fortune
Llera
Racon
Semedo
Stavrinou
Stewart
Youga

Contract End 2012

Benson
Doherty
Elliott
Francis
McCormack
Wagstaff
Wright-Phillips

Contract End 2013

Solly

Contract Length Unknown

Jackson
Reid
Worner

Loan

Bessone (May 2011)
Eccleston (May 2011)
Nouble (April 2011)
Parrett (May 2011)
Sullivan (April 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment