About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Sunday 21 February 2010

Charlton 2 Yeovil 0

Well that felt better didn't it? When I heard the line up before the match, I felt that Parkinson had settled for the best side he could put out, and the players ultimately did not disappoint. This wasn't perfect, but with determination coming from every player, we got our just reward.

Man of the match for me was Elliot, who made no fewer than five match saving stops, so this wasn't a one sided regulation victory, far from it. Yeovil caused problems, and on another day we would have drawn or lost this game. Defensively we still look vulnerable, although Llera did not put a foot wrong, replacing the hapless Sodje Snr. who was confined to the bench, along with his younger brother. Now when was the last time two brothers sat on the same bench, and did not get a kick all game?

In the same way that Racon lost form, and has worked his way back, I would suggest the next player in need of a rest out of the limelight is Bailey. He had a poor game yesterday, albeit by his very high standards, he did not look too out of sorts, but out of sorts he certainly is. I am not sure I would be comfortable with a Semedo / Racon central pairing, but do feel that Bailey has been somewhat below his best recently. Jackson had a solid debut, and he and Reid look a well balanced pair down the left hand side.

Speaking of a well balanced pair, I don't believe a single bloke in the stadium didn't go "ouch" when Tudur Jones, the man with the double barreled name, almost lost his two veg blocking a cross from the Charlton left, that in fairness carried more venom from Reid than the shot that seemed to go through the Glovers goalkeeper in the first half. We rode our luck yesterday, but for once we got some, and hopefully it can continue on Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment