About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Monday 21 September 2009

Norwich 2 Charlton 2

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that the month of September, ending with the game at Leeds on October 3rd was likely to be a very good indicator of what sort of season Charlton were likely to have. In the same way that I did not expect the purple patch to continue, I was also hoping that we would not see our promising start collapse like a pack of cards. The fact that it hasn't gone Pete Tong is pleasing, but it also shows that we are likely to be a top six, rather than a top two side. At the start of the season I would have taken this, as I believed we were likely to be mid table at best. A win, a draw, and a loss in our next three, will go some way to confirming for me, that we are a good team in the third division, but not a great one.

It was also very pleasing to see Elliott sign a contract extension, and as a reminder, below is the most up to date version of the players contract status. (I've given up on Google Docs)

2010
Basey
Burton
Clark
Dailly
Dickson
McKenzie
Randolph
Sam
Sinclair
Sodje
Solly
Spring
Stavrinou
Wagstaff

2011
Bailey
Fleetwood
Llera
McLeod
Moutaouakil
Racon
Richardson
Semedo
Youga

2012
Elliott
Shelvey

Scholars
Davisson
Mambo
Tuna

Loan - January 2010
Holden

No comments:

Post a Comment