About Me

Old Coulsdon, United Kingdom
An acquired refugee from the days of exile at Selhurst Park, my first game being a dreary 1-1 draw with Millwall. I followed the team back to The Valley, and have now been with them for over twenty years. You will find me in the Rose of Denmark or in the Lower West. Follow me on Twitter @DeepestDarkest1

Saturday 29 August 2009

I Go Away For Two Weeks.......

.....and Charlton perform like men possessed in my absence. There are a couple of sobering reasons for this, but first and foremost, congratulations must go to the team, and Parkinson as well, for forging a club record start to the season.

One note of caution though, is that we have not lost any of the midfield four of Racon, Bailey, Shelvey, and Sam. Famous last words of course, as the transfer window has still not closed, but if it does, with our midfield intact, then hats off to the directors, who besides holding board meetings deep into the night, in a bid to stop the proposed takeover seem longer than a long thing on a long day, have I suspect, held firm in the stance of not bowing to any pressure to release any of our remaining prized assets. We know approaches have been made for at least Shelvey, and Bailey, but other unreported enquiries will almost certainly have happened.

The second note of caution, is that all five of our opponents to date have been in the bottom half of the table, with two of them in the bottom four, and one just outside it. A truer test of our credentials is now upon us, with Brentford, and Southampton next up at The Valley, with the next three road trips being Norwich, Colchester, and Leeds. Once that lot has been completed, I suspect we will have a truer view of how our season is likely to pan out.

In the meantime, I shall enjoy my Sunday paper, and anything else reporting on the latest exploits of our lads visit to Merseyside, or wherever Tranmere is, and try and get used to the British summer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment